Senior Magento Backend Developer
We are seeking an experienced developer with the skillset to build custom commerce stores easily on the Magento 2 platform. Specifically, we are looking for someone who is passionate about working in the world of maintaining trend-setting, cutting-edge commerce platforms. You will be tackling variously-sized development projects that are fun and challenging.
As a Magento Backend Developer, you will work closely with front end and middleware (PWA developers) to provide the necessary back end functionality. You will also integrate Magento with various other systems via API to provide necessary functionality for commerce. You will be responsible for possessing solid knowledge of all the technical fields and terminologies used in building and maintaining Magento platforms. With open-source web technologies such as Magento Commerce, you must have a strong background in Magento development as well as solid standards-compliant coding.
We value creative and clever people, who approach projects with innovative solutions and a strong understanding of design, layout and presentation. We are seeking people with great personalities, who are collaborative and team-oriented. When a project (big or small) is successfully completed, we enjoy celebrating that success with you, and look forward to the next project feeling stronger and wiser than before.
· Developing Magento e-commerce integrations with different platforms including payment gateways, sales tax, fulfillment, shipping, point of sale.
· Build extensions for Magento 2 to extend functionality
· Approach projects with innovative solutions and a strength in architecture.
· Interact with cross-functional teams to ensure complete delivery of web applications
· Work within an Agile/Scrum based team to develop in sprints and participate in rituals.
· Accurately predict time required to complete development tasks, adhering closely to development plans and anticipate changes to product specification or schedule as they become necessary during a development cycle.
· Position is a work from home opportunity within the USA.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· 5 years of experience with Magento and additional experience with Magento 2 building extensions.
· Expert level experience with PHP and preferred experience with 7.2.
· Experience working with MySQL/MariaDB for storing and accessing data, experience with NoSQL based document database/graph databases is preferred.
· Experience in JSON, GraphQL and developing APIs.
· Experience with integrations to third party systems such as credit card gateways, sales tax calculation, shipping, fulfillment via API
· Experience with Magento 2 Commerce (Enterprise) and Magento Cloud is preferred.
· Experience working with CMS platforms such as Drupal or Wordpress is preferred.
· Experience working in cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, Pantheon, Magento Cloud is preferred.
· Experience with Jira, Confluence, Slack is preferred.
· Post-Secondary degree in a related major, or equivalent work experience
· Good communication skills
· Good collaboration skills
· Experience contributing to open source solutions
· Experience working with programming best practices, including SOLID principles
We are an award-winning technology and marketing company headquartered in the historic Texas Building located on the Denton Square — the cultural center of our beloved and eclectic North Texas community. As a Denton-based company, we strive to reflect the values of our community by focusing on collaboration, utilizing green technologies and services, pursuing cost-effective solutions, and working with charitable organizations. We are a fun, diverse family of talented, smart, and hard-working people. We also laugh a lot!